Friday, November 7, 2008

What an opportunity!


Hello all:

 I had a change in my regularly scheduled time at the transit mall this week. I went out on thursday in the morning instead of wednesday. When I got to Centennial park, I found two young folks waiting for the train, Jaime, and felicia. I gave them both a million, and took them through the law and Gospel. Again, they we're "distracted" right when I was sharing the Good News of the Gospel. They did hear the message, and had the tracts... so God be praised! As I was walking around handing out "Millions" I met a lady named Karen. I gave her a million and as I was presenting the Gospel, she would repeatedly agree and interject he understanding of the message.
I found out that she was a believer, and has been walking with the Lord for a long time. She has had many eye operations and is regaining her sight, and praising God for it. We had a great conversation about thankfulness and I explained to her it was one of my great motivators to get beyond my fears and share my faith. I have been focusing on one-on-one and it was funny how I got all tongue tied, and flustered while sharing my faith! I generally am able to speak out boldly, and contain my thoughts, but the Lord, I'm sure, was teaching me something about humility. I love how our Lord and Savior always takes my fears and insecurities about sharing my faith and preaching the Gospel, and give me so many blessings. I am blessed to meet people, to see the rewards of getting past my fears, and most of all.. I get to see HIS power at work in the lives of others. Keep on sharing your faith, do it afraid and with your knees shaking if you have to! Everyday 150,000 people step off into eternity, most do not even know what horror awaits them! Preach the Gospel, share your faith, spread the Word! Is there anything more important in YOUR life?

Until He comes and judges in righteousness!

Robert

No comments: