Saturday, July 31, 2010

Gilroy Gardens and The Gospel

Brothers and Sisters:

We have a local amusement park called Gilroy Gardens and we recently had a great family day there. What does this have to do with evangelism? Well, First it is filled with trees,flowers, and rolling brooks, that well, are soothing to the spirit compared to the noisy frantic ride centered amusement parks. Second, it was a great place to hand out tracts and talk with people. Most of the rides and attractions are for the little ones, and mom's and dad's are standing around waiting as the kids have fun. I was able to hand out some tracts and one to a young man running a food stand and as we passed by a little later, I saw him reading the tract, pray that the message is clear to his heart. One of the things that I found difficult is having conversations with the "little one" element. You have to be quick and to the point as your, or their little darlings are going to run amok! But overall, if you pray that the Lord will place those before you that need to hear the Gospel, and you are equipped (tracts,etc..) you will always have an opportunity to witness for Him. Beloved, it always comes down to courage, even in a idyllic setting as this... will I be bold for Jesus? Will I get past my fear and realize that many of these people are going to step off into eternity lost? Will I make a stand for my God and King? Whether your at a beautiful garden park, or standing in front of the gas station proclaiming the Gospel... be bold. my brethren,be bold... For He IS Worthy!

Until the nets are full

Robert

No comments: