Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Blessing of conversation

Greetings beloved:

I wanted to share a brief conversation I had with a man at 7-11 i frequently talk to. I was picking up some water and snacks after work, and as I was checking out, Haman, the 7-11 employee told me that the store owner had died... well, what he really said was.. the store owner had retired. after a bit of a laugh, Haman stated" well I guess we all die... me,you.." I told him "yep, just gotta know where your going, that's the important thing" He looked at me and said, where are you going? I said "to heaven" he said "no,theres no heaven or hell" I said that there was, and he asked my how did I know? I told him it says so in the Bible, he asked my who wrote the bible, I told him man did, inspired by God, he told me that there was no proof that it was God inspired, and I told him that there was no proof it wasn't inspired by God! We were at a potential stalemate.. This is usually where you can get into a "rabbit trail" was it, or wasn't it? proof or no proof? but if you are going from the natural to the spiritual, you can direct the conversation into a fact finding mission. How did he come to that opinion,has he ever read the bible? As you are finding more about how he came to his conclusion, you will find many opportunities to clarify the truth about these issues. It is important to know biblical apologetics if you are going to defend your position in these conversations, but far more importantly, it is a chance to share the Law and Gospel! This command "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." Mark 16:15 nasb is our command.. so don't caught up in the apologetics, but it is repentance and faith in Jesus Christ that saves! Natural to the Spiritual, Law to the proud, grace to the humble!

Keep up the good work of the Kingdom!

Until the nets are full, and the harvest done!



No comments: